Friday, November 20, 2009

The beginning




When I first got the news that I would be representing Canada at FEI Young Rider World Cup in Germany this December, I am pretty sure that I stopped breathing for a few seconds. And then I started jumping up and down like a little kid! I couldn't believe it! It was really happening.

My first thing to do, start planning. And it has been an ongoing process since then. There is a TON of stuff that needs to be organized in a fairly short amount of time. This added along with training and school work has made it a hectic couple of weeks.

Jive and I have started our training regime for this competition, and it's a tough one. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we're going to compete to the best of our abilities. My main focus is getting him to listen to everything I ask with a quick response. He can do everything, but he likes to dance to his own tune sometimes. And if we're going to do our best, we need to be 100% together.

Wow. I truly cannot express how excited I am to be going to Germany. It's unbelievable really. Everyday that Jive and I's date of departure draws nearer, I can feel the butterflies of excitement in my stomach start fluttering. It's going to be quite an adventure. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    you're not the only one with butterflies of excitement in your stomach, so do we.

    We congratulate you and Jive. Could'nt dream that
    as we sold the horse we breeded and raised for 12 years would ever start in a Young rider World Cup.
    Amy the both of you are fantastic. We are looking forward meeting you again. And although we come from Holland we will cheer the most for you and Jive.

    Give him a big hug!

    Bye bye Ellen and Herman

    ReplyDelete