Sunday, November 29, 2009

A little more than a week till departure

And the whirlwind continues. T- minus 8 days and counting. Incredible!

I am very happy to report that I have most of my travel plans organized. There are just a few details about layovers and crossing the US border that I need to confirm, but overall Jive and I are pretty set. Also, I am very excited because this trip it is going to be a whole different kind of flying. I am the designated “groom” for the flight, which means I will be flying in the back of the plane with Jive! It’s going to be crazy, but so cool! Tight quarters for those few hours for sure, but Jive and I, we’re in this adventure together.

Jive has been great the last few rides. He definitely knows that he is in training camp. I can tell that he is super determined. The more we prepare, the more focused he gets. I am sure he feels how determined David (Marcus, my coach) and I are, and he feeds off of it. He is the only horse that I know, that when I take him over a jump a few times it is fun at first. But then he starts knocking the poles down on purpose because I think he gets annoyed that there is an “obstacle” in his “dancing pathway”. He is so funny that way. I love it. I love how much he loves his work. I am sure that we can all agree what a wonderful feeling it is to be “one with your animal”. Whether it be your horse, or any pet really. Animals are incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment