Thursday, December 17, 2009

First test!

Well, today didn't go as planned... :P But wow, what an experience. It really, really, really surprised me how different it was competing in the indoor arena like I did today... It was actually pretty scary. Almost like when I got into the ring, it sort of closed in on me a bit. Definitely like nothing I have ever experienced. With the bright lights and crowd and just everything. I rode in there before, but this was so different. The ring was alive, it had so much more energy. I think Jive and I both got pretty nervous in there. It was so great to get that over with. :P Hopefully the arena will feel more "homie" to me tomorrow. Got to get our butts in gear and go have fun. Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes and support! Especially Ecogold who got this blog on it's feet. My saddle pad looked great today, thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, thanks and best of luck!
    Mary Alice, in B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!, you have your own blog. And I bet a lot of people read it, that is pretty cool. You are pretty amazing for representing canada. The way they call your rides tests is pretty funny, kinda like the discrete tests or something.

    anyways, have fun,

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best Amy - we're all back home cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ams! Glad to hear you are having a blast!!!! Tell Jive his gf says hi, she misses him (stage 5 clinger I know ;)) and is super excited for him and good luck! Hope it keeps getting better and you keep having a blast. What an experience!
    - the barn you are staying at is incredible!!

    Anyways, good luck! - you go girlfriend!

    Jaimie and Nina

    ReplyDelete